Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Good Evening Folks - Newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
Ontarget
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Good Evening Folks - Newbie

Hey all,
Newbie here (sorta). I've been lurking for a few days and re-learning the principles behind homebrewing. I am a Navy man (13yrs and going) and have brewed in the past, but not for the past several years. I only made a few batches but thoroughly enjoyed the process as well as the end product. My brother is a fanatic and makes some of the greatest beer I have ever had the pleasure of filling my glasses with.
I have recently re-located to SD CA and decided that I wanted to take this opportunity to get back into it. I recently purchased a couple of new carboys and away I went. This afternoon I brewed my first batch in several years, a nut borwn ale. My brother harps on me for using LME instead of what he calls "the right way", but it is good natured and we spent the better part of the afternoon chatting on the phone as we were both doing the same thing at the same time (a rarity for two fathers).
In any case, I just wanted to drop in from behind the curtain and say hello to everyone and thank you for the wonderful insight I have gleaned from your posts over the past few days.
Take Care and stay,
OnTarget

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2006, 02:55 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

There's a lot of wrong ways to brew, but no right way. I spent a couple years at Ballist Point. Actually, my stuff was in the Ballast Point BOQ, I was generally under water somewhere.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-15-2006, 03:26 AM   #3
Ontarget
Recipes 

I hear ya!
I'm doing my time at the Naval School for IDC. Couple of your types in my class. Good friends with one fella. I suspect he can can put it away quicker than I can crank it out. Great guy to spend off duty time with. How's Oregon this time of year?

Last edited by Ontarget; 06-15-2006 at 03:29 AM.

Quick Reply