Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Going Extract brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2724 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by jllund62 View Post
Actually, What I have done was ordered a Tap a draft system, and wanted to make smaller batches so I can have more variety of beer on hand. since I can use the smaller 3 ltr. bottles on the TAP system I can save the larger bottle for my specialty brews. when I decide make one. My SWMBO doesn't drink, so what I make is all mine. and I'm a casual drinker (everything in moderacy

jeffery
But you should still ferment in it one bucket or carboy...Or brew the wort and measure out half into each carboy equally then top off both with the same amount of water.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #12
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You know that it doesn't have to be refrigerated right? I would keep carboys in my bathtub, and bottles in my closet if I had no space whatsoever.

BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 05-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #13
jllund62

Recipes 

Default Going Extract brewing

no, I'll be doing half batches, since I have equipment for one batch, and a 3 gal. carboy.
The kit came with two 3.3# cans of lme and I weighed and divided all the dry ingredients to the oz.

Jeffery

On Deck: Irish Stout
[B]Brewing: Vienna Lager w/ Brn sugar, Cinnamin ,cloves, and vanilla
Secondary:
Bottled and conditioning: Vienna Lager w/honey ,Cinnamin , cloves, and vanilla
History: Irish Stout W/chocolate was tasty !

Old 05-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2758 Times on 2709 Posts
Likes Given: 115

This is not the hobby for the moderate, or so I have experienced! haha Everything in excess

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Quick Reply