Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Gluey taste after second fermentation.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
partrige
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Gluey taste after second fermentation.

New to this so I'm sure I've messed up somewhere. After I finished my first fermentation I moved my brew to a youngs pressure barrel and proceeded with sedond fermentation. After leaving for a few weeks yesterday I tested it and had a drink. Tasted good but the pressure got less and the top stopped pouring. I moved the barrel to a colder place and added a co2 canister. Afterwards it was nothing but foam that I got out. Today when I tried it there was a strong gluey taste present. Also to smell. It was barely drinkable. Not too sure what the issue could be. Is there any comeback? There still was a strong taste of yeast yesterday, but I thought that might disappear over time. Any help appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply