Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Getting Supplies...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
A7teck
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Getting Supplies...

Hey all. I'm a 100% new brewer (the closest I've gotten to brewing my own beer so far is drinking it from a brewery...) and I'm wondering where to get the supplies I'll need. There is a Home Depot in my area, along with stores like WAL-MART and such. Where should I look to buy hops? Thanks all!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Jamie
Recipes 

If possible I would try to find a home brew store near you! Try typing "HomeBrew, MI" into google. If you do not have any stores close by there are dozens of sites on line to buy your supplies!

Jamie

Old 02-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
A7teck
Recipes 

Thanks Jamie! I'll check that out.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Where in michigan are you at? If you give us your city or area, we might be able to tell you where to go, and what we know about the shop...there's a ton of Michigan Brewers on this forum.

Welcome!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
Revvy

Recipes 

Well since you just told me you're an hour away...THere's 3 places in Port Huron to get supplies and ingredients in town. A homebrew shop, a do your own winer/winery that carries some stuff, and the owner is very knowlegable (I run up to his shop when I'm having a brewing emergency) and a liquor store that has some supplies.)

If you want to head my way, let me know and I'll give you the addresses. I'll even meet you at one of the places and help you get your kit situated.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
A7teck
Recipes 

Sounds great! I'll see what I can find and get in touch with you about the places you mentioned. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
Revvy

Recipes 

Cool...Lemme know.

Quick Reply