Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Gettig ill off homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
GoCrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I vote for unrelated cause with a very tiny vote for him being especially sensitive to yeast. I know to much yeast will make my stomach rumble.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3486

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
hmmm . . . I remember going to a Mexican place when the kids were school age. Got home and not much later everyone was sick. The girls were hanging on the toilets. Me and Brian were bent over in the back yard. Didn't eat Mexican again for over five years.
Yeah food poisoning can sometimes be within 6-8 hours of contact with the pathogen, if it's bad like improperly handled picnic potato salad during the summer and can even go away within a few hours. That's the problem with the new "Ferrari Norovirus" that's hitting (My 87 year old mom was hospitalized over the weekend from complications from getting it.) It hits fast and can burn through you and be gone in a few hours, a lot of folks (like my mom) think it's a mild case of food poisoning and don't do anything about it.... She got it Wednesday and was fine a few hours later, at least the vomiting and stuff had gone away, but it was so severe she ended up being severely dehydrated and her potassium was off, and she had "mental status" changes. SO they had to admit her.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
4646yam
Recipes 

aww tell em they got e coli and they are doomed or aids or a cancer and then give another beer it takes more than 30 mins to get sick afer a single beer

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4913 Times on 3563 Posts
Likes Given: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
hmmm . . . I remember going to a Mexican place when the kids were school age. Shared one of those Bloomin Onion things with dip. Got home and not much later everyone was sick. The girls were hanging on the toilets. Me and Brian were bent over in the back yard. Didn't eat Mexican again for over five years.
You must have got a BIG dose of something, then. It's typical for food poisoning symptoms to show up 8-72 hours after eating, normally around 12-24 hours though from what I've seen.

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn

Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
You must have got a BIG dose of something, then. It's typical for food poisoning symptoms to show up 8-72 hours after eating, normally around 12-24 hours though from what I've seen.
Hadn't thought of it before, but there's always the chance that it was from something earlier in the day. Everything coming up tasted of Mexican, so that's what took the blame.

Oh, and that restaurant shut down shortly after that.

Billy-Klubb

Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1649 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

so glad to see that the OP isn't a TROLL!! I was facepalming from the title.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #27
Misplaced_Canuck
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 42

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sympt...t-allergy.html and scroll to brewer's yeast. Some people just are allergic to yeast.

MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.
Revvy Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #28
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2426 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1377

Well, I guess you'll just have to tell your friend he's incompatible with your beer! More for you.

Wanna drink?

Psyche!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
bchurch
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdillabo View Post
Girl friend had the same symptoms early last week. Now I have people accusing me of brewing bad beer.
Sounds like you have bigger problems... I'd keep an eye on those two. Just kidding ;p

Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #30
PhelanKA7
Relax? RELAX?!

Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I have a friend who is very sensitive to yeast. He MUST filter his homebrew. I don't know the exact nature of his body's response to it.
I'm also sensitive to live yeast but I just deal with it. It gives me really bad gas. No diarrhea though. That's why I tend to keep my drinking to Friday/Saturday nights when I'm not going to be around anyone but my wife. Poor wife.

Quick Reply