Originally Posted by tj218
Great....wonder if I should switch sanitizer.
It's hard to say when the infection came from- it could be from a large amount of headspace in a carboy, if you used a secondary. It could be from plastic tubing, etc. I'd bleach bomb all glass, and get rid of all plastic, and make sure to take apart the spigot in the bottling bucket and bleach that (or replace). It could be something in the bottling wand, etc. It's really hard to say.
But star-san isn't the problem. You could switch it up and use Iodophor, but it's not any more effective than star-san.