Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Fruit question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
pineyguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fruit question

I'm going to be making a berry wheat beer this week. I moved up to 10 gallon batches and would like to do a 10 for this beer (bottle 5, keg 5.) From searching, it seems the best results come from putting the fruit in secondary, but I only have 2 fermentors. I've never used a secondary, I go from primary to packaging and have always had good results. Is there a downside to following my usual schedule and add the fruit to the primary fermentor after I hit FG? My plan was to use Dole frozen berry mix, try to smash it up a bit and then add it, give it a week and package. I'm still debating pasteurizing, or using campden, but from what I read folks have just used them frozen and not had problems. I appreciate hearing any input.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I always add my fruit to primary after fermentation has died down...never had any issues. As long as you properly sanitize your fruit, you'll be fine. You're using frozen fruit, so it should be good.

Another HERMS rig...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply