Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Friends paying for beer?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #111
JohnnySardonic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Haha I was just discussing this with a friend the other day. My two roommates help me brew (not financially, they stand in our garage with me while I brew. Sometimes they'll toss in a hop addition). But i've noticed they drink the finished beer at a slightly greater rate than I do. They also give away singles to people who pass through, telling them "take one of our beers home and try it out." Haha, I guess that's just part of the game. I always throw a six pack of each batch in my closet anyway, to drink at my leisure as it ages.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #112
NickTheGreat
Recipes 

Liked 194 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 123

My friends are BMC guys, which is good because I can keep the good stuff for myself.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #113
brewski08
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySardonic View Post
Haha I was just discussing this with a friend the other day. My two roommates help me brew (not financially, they stand in our garage with me while I brew. Sometimes they'll toss in a hop addition). But i've noticed they drink the finished beer at a slightly greater rate than I do. They also give away singles to people who pass through, telling them "take one of our beers home and try it out." Haha, I guess that's just part of the game. I always throw a six pack of each batch in my closet anyway, to drink at my leisure as it ages.
one of my frat bros was just like this. he always felt he had the right to come to my room and poor himself a brew. taking the advice from HBT, i asked him to help me with one of my batches in order for him to get an idea for all the work that goes into brewing a batch. "oh yea, i'll definitely help out bro!"

come brew day, i get all my equipment set up, and begin getting everything prepared for mashing while my frat bro just sits by and watches. sure enough about 30 minutes into mashing, "hey bro, gotta go do something really quick." i wouldn't see him until later that night...well after clean up.

however, this didn't stop him from telling all my other bros about the beer that he "brewed". to make matters worse, he even tried to come off as a beer-brewing expert.

drove me absolutely insane.

...on the other hand, now that i'm graduated and living with my parents for the time before i head off to med school, i really wish i had more people to drink my beer.

Quick Reply