Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Fluxuating temp for primary fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
salb29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Fluxuating temp for primary fermenter

I have my primary in guest bath tub(I completely sanitized area) but the temp in there through out day goes from 70 to about 74 degrees, anything to worry about here? Or do I need to move? Wife not to thrilled about having it in the closest, I love the smell, her not so much that's why I have it there, any advice would be great! Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
salb29
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salb29
I have my primary in guest bath tub(I completely sanitized area) but the temp in there through out day goes from 70 to about 74 degrees, anything to worry about here? Or do I need to move? Wife not to thrilled about having it in the closest, I love the smell, her not so much that's why I have it there, any advice would be great! Thanks
Fluctuating is what I meant lol

Old 02-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
duboman
Recipes 

Liked 502 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by salb29
Not ideal, ales prefer mid 60s.

Gut a rope tub, place vessel in it , fill half way with water add frozen water bottles-swamp cooler, you can search it, very effective and cheap!

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the "art" of beer since 2010

Quick Reply