Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > flavor change with yeast washing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
snailsongs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default flavor change with yeast washing?

Ok, so I was all set to try out some yeast harvest and yeast washing, but then ran across this guys post:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/anot...ng-post-13076/

In case you don't want to read it, he basically says that every time he has used his -self-harvested yeast, his beer has turned out "yeasty and truby", not tasting good.....no one answered his question either. so, has anyone had a similar bad beer from "used" yeast experience, or do you get the same results the second time as you do the first with your yeasties?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4272 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I always get perfect results with yeast washing. I have a fridge full of yeast strains, and I've been very pleased with doing it that way.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 509 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Snailsongs, That post was 3 years old and never got a reply? My, how things change.

I'm no expert, and am looking forward to using washed yeast for the first time in my next brew......A little tip for you....ignore the really old posts. Those are dark places where modern day experts such as Yooperbrew were plunging their hands into wort looking for bungs and stuff.

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Quick Reply