Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First timer dident read the intructions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
tjwor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdrinker View Post
I purchased a Kit Best Brewers I think , it American Pale Ale , and read the instructions that came with the kit , did not read the instructions that came with the other kit and the glass carboy had the airlock on it so i presumed that was the primary.
Don't sweat it too much, we all have made little mistakes, this isn't a huge deal. I would assume that the carboy you have is a 5 gal as others have said, which means there is very little head space. When the fermentation gets going it will likely be going over the top and clogging your airlock. Run a blow off tube to keep everything up top from getting clogged and you should be good to go!

Check out my website on making really good homebrew www.BrewingStory.com! If you are looking for a job check out www.wildcatjob.com or www.itt-techjobs.com!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Probably gonna be okay. Some of my best beers have been mistakes. Check out some basic brewing videos to get a better handle on techniques. For me, I need to see stuff to understand it sometimes.

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply