Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > first timer bottling questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
zodiak3000
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default first timer bottling questions

generally, i wanted to put about a 6 pack in the fridge at a time, leave the rest in my closet, and rotate, so my questions are-

how long can i keep them in my closet at room temp. before they go bad?
at what time should i start putting them in the fridge after bottling? how long should i keep them in the fridge for before i consume?

thanks...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
android
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

really depends on the style, but a few months shouldn't be a problem, heck, even 6 months would probably work with most styles. i would wait at least 3 weeks before putting any in the fridge. keep them in the fridge as long as necessary, my guess is they won't last long once in there.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Spludge
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Keep them at room temp for 3 weeks and then you can throw some in the fridge. A week in the fridge will help to clear up the beers.
As for how long you can leave them in the bottle without them going bad depends on the style, but for most you can go over a year. Wheats you want to drink young however.

Schadenfreud Brewing
Beer and hockey, the reasons I wake up every afternoon

Fermenting
Jamil's Russian Imperial Stout, RIS Partigyle, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Denny Conn RyeIPA, BierMuncher's B.W. #2

Bottle Conditioning/Drinking
Jamil's ESB, Honey Raspberry,EdWort's Bavarian Hefe, Oatmeal Stout, Jamil's Amber Ale, BierMuncher's Belgian Wit, Red Ale, Kitchen Sink, Yeasty Beasty Hefe, American Pale, Zone Zero Black, Maibock

Foster School of Business

Husky Ice Hockey

Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
zodiak3000
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 31

im brewing an APA, wow that would be awesome if they lasted for a year, unfortunatley i know they will be consumed far before that..

Quick Reply