Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First time bottling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #11
Dunkelman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Thanks all. Your tips were very helpful and much appreciated and the bottling went pretty well. I'm really excited to try the first beer in a few weeks. The basement where I'm keeping the bottles will probably be 66 to 64 degrees. Is that an acceptable tempurature during these first few weeks? the beer is an Imperial Stout LME from Muntons and I tasted the last little bit that didn't end up in a bottle and it tasted pretty good!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1651 Times on 1173 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Be prepared to make a little bit of a mess. I sure did my first time bottling. Have old towels on hand to mop up spills of beer, starsan, etc. and, if there's a SWMBO in the house, try to distract her for an hour or so, so she won't see anything until it's all cleaned up.
Don't distract SWMBO, make SWMBO cap while you fill. Makes my bottling days soooo much easier

+1 on the bottling wand. And +1 on the not being nervous. Bottling isn't hard. Just tedious.

Up Next: Robust Porter, Dark Mild, Bluebird Bitter Clone v2.0, Kitchen Sink Brown Porter
Primary: English Cider, Belgian IPA
Souring: Lamebic, Flanders Red, Brett. C. Old Ale, Sour Stout, Brett C. Wild Bitter, Wild Cider
Polypins: (Empty for now)
Bottled: Doppelsticke Altbier, Berliner Weisse, Spiced Winter Warmer, Malt Liquor
In the "cellar": Brett B. Tripel, Quadrupel, Tripel, Brett C. Oaked English Barleywine, Lamebic

Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #13
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1651 Times on 1173 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkelman View Post
Thanks all. Your tips were very helpful and much appreciated and the bottling went pretty well. I'm really excited to try the first beer in a few weeks. The basement where I'm keeping the bottles will probably be 66 to 64 degrees. Is that an acceptable tempurature during these first few weeks? the beer is an Imperial Stout LME from Muntons and I tasted the last little bit that didn't end up in a bottle and it tasted pretty good!
I don't think you'll have a problem carbing at those temps, but it might take a little longer. If you can get it somewhere around 70 that'd be ideal. And an Imperial Stout will likely take longer to carbonate as it is.

Up Next: Robust Porter, Dark Mild, Bluebird Bitter Clone v2.0, Kitchen Sink Brown Porter
Primary: English Cider, Belgian IPA
Souring: Lamebic, Flanders Red, Brett. C. Old Ale, Sour Stout, Brett C. Wild Bitter, Wild Cider
Polypins: (Empty for now)
Bottled: Doppelsticke Altbier, Berliner Weisse, Spiced Winter Warmer, Malt Liquor
In the "cellar": Brett B. Tripel, Quadrupel, Tripel, Brett C. Oaked English Barleywine, Lamebic

Quick Reply