First Taste of my first Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanS

Reaction score
I just tasted my first beer a few days ago (conditioned for 2 weeks) and it was DELICIOUS! not very potent. I think i will let it sit one more week to see if it gets any better. The only problem is evacuation process of the beer can be quite messy (if you catch my drift) does this mean i did something wrong or is this normal with homebrew. Doesn't bother me either way cause the beer tastes great! I was just wondering tho.

What jimC said. Make sure the yeast has completely settled out by holding a bottle up to the light and if it looks cloudy (at room temperature) then it is still finishing the conditioning process. It also sounds like it is still green, so giving it a few weeks will help.

Congrats on the first success!

It hurts, but I usually leave the last 1/2" or so at the bottom to avoid the yeast.
Feel free to mail me samples and I will post a video on how to correctly drink your beer:mug:

I don't know why, but I've never had any, um, gastrointestinal issues. I have heard that some other people have, though, and so I've told my not-used-to-homebrew friends to not drink a sixer at a time due to possible ill effects.

Maybe it's something that your body gets accustomed to? My husband and I both drink copious amounts of homebrew and never had a problem. But we did start with one or two at first. My husband even drinks the yeasty stuff at the bottom if there is still some beer in there.

The yeast doesn't affect me anymore, but the first batch of beer I brewed sent me running to the rest room a time or two.

Yeah, my first HB experience back in college when my friends brewed was pretty foul. My friends kegged too soon and force carbed. We then drank it way too soon and 4 of us finished a 5 gallon keg in 1 night. Everyone was punishing they're plumbing for a few days. If your body isn't used to all the yeast it'll do a number(2) on ya!!

Congrats on the good brew!

Congratulations on imbibing the brew created by your own hand! And don't worry, your body will automatically calibrate itself to homebrew.

Back