Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First red ale in primary

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
hoppyale99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

i bought 16oz 3 cases ezcap from midwest and i had a small amount left to bottle in 3- 12oz, those will be great for checking progress... went really well for my first bottling attempt...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #12
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyale99
i bought 16oz 3 cases ezcap from midwest and i had a small amount left to bottle in 3- 12oz, those will be great for checking progress... went really well for my first bottling attempt...
I've also been thinking of getting some pet bottles. To check your beer carbonation. Just squeeze the bottle and if its hard and stiff the you know your glass bottles are carbed. Plus you can use them for a beer trade and not worry about them breaking. I'm hoping to get some of these 16 EZ caps next week tho. So 3 cases almost did a batch? Cheers

Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
Beergazzi
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Regarding EZ Caps, I found buying 4 packs of Grolsch at my local beer store (Wegmans) worked out to $2 per bottle..which is about what they cost empty...and I got beer in mine that needs to be drained prior to bottling...however will I do that?!

The PET bottles to check for carbing is a good idea.

I also bought some Heiny ponies to use (again, after proper draining..) as my test bottles, no need to pop a 12-22oz bottle just to test it.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #14
derbycitybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beergazzi
Regarding EZ Caps, I found buying 4 packs of Grolsch at my local beer store (Wegmans) worked out to $2 per bottle..which is about what they cost empty...and I got beer in mine that needs to be drained prior to bottling...however will I do that?!

The PET bottles to check for carbing is a good idea.

I also bought some Heiny ponies to use (again, after proper draining..) as my test bottles, no need to pop a 12-22oz bottle just to test it.
Yea the pet bottles are great. Def for beer. Trades as well. I been meaning to get some of those as well

Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #15
hoppyale99
Recipes 

i dig the idea of full bottles to empty. i had just sold my bcs champ tickets and made a list of everything i can do to start homebrewing. so i bought everything...lol

Quick Reply