Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First brew ruined?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 05:23 AM   #1
Brewster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First brew ruined?

Hey all,
I started my first brew about 3 weeks ago. It was an amber ale receipt from my local homebrew store. It was all fun and games till it came time to transfer to the secondary. I had an original gravity of about 1.044. I transfered it when the airlock stopped bubbling in the primary after 7 days. I have now left it in the secondary for 2 weeks. The problem(s) im having now are the final gravity seems to be too high. The final gravity after 2 weeks in the secondary and repitching more yeast into the secondary is still 1.022. Is this too high for bottling? Also I had to move apartments about 3 days back and the secondary got a bit shook up. Is this a bad batch? Any recommendations on how to save this first batch?
Thanks!
-Kevin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
Tony
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Keep it! Let it settle again in the secondary and give it a couple weeks. Time is your friend!

Dead Soldier:Hop Rod Rye Stout
Dead Soldier: Imperial Hell Fire Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply