Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First Brew...not bad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
408IPA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Brew...not bad

Cracked open a bottle last night to try it out, even though it had only been bottled for one week so the carbonation was low but it tasted decent! To be honest I am surprised at how easy this was, using an extract kit with specialty grains isn't hard at all. Next step mini-mash!

Oh ya brewed an English ale named "no fail pale ale" gotta love the name cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
rycov
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

congrats! brewing is a great hobby because it can be as easy or as hard a you want it to be. if you do end up going to partial mash or even all grain, you'll find that that can be pretty easy too!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
408IPA
Recipes 

ya too be honest I was a little worried because my temps were 10 degrees off at times but it still turned out good, it seems like home brewing can be forgiving.

I was looking into mini mashes and ran into BIAB...I have all the equipment necessary what do you guys think? From what I've been reading it looks like I might as well just jump into that considering it doesn't look any more difficult than a mini mash.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1075 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408IPA View Post
ya too be honest I was a little worried because my temps were 10 degrees off at times but it still turned out good, it seems like home brewing can be forgiving.

I was looking into mini mashes and ran into BIAB...I have all the equipment necessary what do you guys think? From what I've been reading it looks like I might as well just jump into that considering it doesn't look any more difficult than a mini mash.
Mini mash and biab aren't much harder that an extract with grains brew. Much more time consuming, but no harder. And $hit, we brew cuz we love to, why not spend more time doing it?!

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
rycov
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i say if you have the time and equipment do all grain (or BIAB samething). its gonna be just as easy as partial mash (you still have to mash, just with more grain). and really not much harder than extract. the hardest part for me is the extra time (kids), but i still manage.

Quick Reply