So I've brewed a double IPA, something similar (I hope) to a Stone Ruination. The process was greatness! I learned that when adding the extract, remove the pot from the heat source (or just turn off the burner) - had a bit of a scorching issue, but nothing serious.
Had strong, active fermentation within 7 hours. Initially had an airlock on...but at around 27 hours, the Krausen was pushing through. So, I removed the airlock, sanitized accordingly, and improvised a blowoff tube using my siphoning tubing. Had it running off into a bucket of water/sanitizer mix.
Now, we're at around 40 hours of fermentation. Visibly, it has calmed down a bit. Blowoff is still constant.
Just wanted to share. Here's a video at around 31 hours, I think. I've been lurking here for the last week or two...digesting good information (a lot of it here). Great community!