1. Will Star San kill yeast? Cuz I stirred my yeast with a spoon that was soaking in it.
2. more of a note to self to pour the wort into the fementer outside, I used a flat mesh screen (may have been my problem, prolly shoulda used a cone shaped strainer) to strain the wort.
3. Wort gunk looks like really bad dog diarrhea OMFG. When pouring it was piling up on the strainer and causing wort to spill on the floor, my GF did all she could do (she was holding the strainer) to not throw her guts up all over the place.
4. After I poured the wort into the fementer I used bottled water, one of those large 3 gallon jug kinds, I just let it pour down from the counter into the fermenter. This should be adequate aeration?
5. My wort did not boil over, never even came close. I got a very small layer of suds of the top at times but not much. Is this normal?
I used a regular old American Pale Ale kit with hopped LME and DME. Seemed to go OK, it took a while for the wort to get boiling though. I hope this turns out OK. I shoulda took some pics but I was trying to focus on what I was doing.