The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > first brew done

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
red96jeep
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default first brew done

well yup, just got done my first brew. it was a scottish 60 ale. was quite a trial. only boiled over twice so that's not bad. i cleaned and sanitized everything i'm just a little worried if i kept them all sanitized thought the whole process. i guess i'll find out in two weeks! now i play the waiting game with the fermenter...that'll be fun i re hydrated the yeastes but didn't test them first, so i hope there ok. it's been in for about an hour and no activity yet, i'll check again tommrow morning. thanks for the tips deffently led me to understand the process much better

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
weetodd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congratulations on making it through your first brew. You'll know what to look for with the boil overs the next time.

Most likely unless you did something crazy, you'll be seeing bubbles in the next day.

Good luck and start planning brew #2!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
blakey971
Recipes 

Congrats on numero uno!

Spend as much time as you can on this forum between now and
your next brew day. Trust me!

I'm only a few batches in, but with each one the process only
become easier and more fun.