Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First brew day1 Done and Done !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
BronxBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default First brew day1 Done and Done !

First brew day ! Ive been pouring over it for the last month. Going over it in my head every night and reading/watching everything i could. That said i had fun and it was enjoyable Did up a American Amber Ale extract kit from my LHBS. Everything went like clock work with no problems :rocking: RHA...brew is what i did ! Dog Fish Head Imperial IPA ! Woot ! Sanitized my but off more than i should have but better more than not enough ! Would have loved to make a starter but my starter stuff isn't in yet and i went ahead anyway.

O.G 1.050
My O.G 1.50 "yay"

Vacuumed sealed hopps!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2521 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 5683

Awesome! Welcome to the addiction. And that's not a joke... brewing is addictive. You can search around but most communities should have support groups that meet on a fairly regular basis. Hope the brew turns out as well as you hope.

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 07-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
KISS Brew
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Congratulations on your first of many!

You're way ahead of many new brewers (myself when I started included) if you already have fermentation control. If you're that far along in your understanding, your brew is going to be awesome.

Remember - patience is a virtue.

Bottled:
Hoptoberfest IPA, Oktoberfest Ale, Blonde Ale, Scottish Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Edwort's Apfelwein, Janet's Brown Ale, Irish Red Ale, Strawberry Wheat, ESB, Belgian Pale Ale

KISS Brew Homebrewing Blog

Most recent post: Beyond the Pale Ale Recipe

Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
BronxBrew
Recipes 

I come from a long background of smoking meat " true BBq" . No worries on the wait part from me. Enjoyed the whole prossess .

Old 07-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
BronxBrew
Recipes 

Update ! Checked in on the brew before going to bed. No fermintation , No air lock activity. The foam resided as well. The only think that had my hopes up was the air lock. Although not bubbling it had pressure. I have the temp locked down at 68. Took some bubble wrap and duct tape to the side of the carboy to place the probe.

Woke up this morning. Temp still at 68. Opened up the ferm chamber to be greeted by a bubbling air lock and nice foam head ! I did order a flask and stir plate from stir starters.com. I will in the future make a starter.

Quick Reply