Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First brew complete

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
binkman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default First brew complete

Using a Brewer's Best kit for Dunkelweizen, my first brew is all ready for quaffing!

I kept it in the primary for three weeks. Fermentation temp was low for an ale, around 63F, which left me with a VERY clovey brew. Maybe a little too much, in retrospect. Still, very refreshing and drinkable. Only been carbing for a little over a week. A nice head, which doesn't have a lot of staying power, but that might change with another week of carbing up. For a kit beer I think it came out just fine!

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 615

Looking good!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
beninan
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Hey awesome! That was my first beer as well.

I got half way through the steeping process when I realized I was steeping the hops. Then I found out that the specialty grains were missing from the box, so that's how I got confused with the hops. I continued the batch without the specialty grains and put the hops back in for the boil. I didn't like it, and gave away half the batch before I knew what "green" beer tastes like. After properly aging, it ended up to be an awesome beer.

"Stop giving me credit for those stupid quotes! For that last time it wasn't me! STFU NOOB!" <-- Benjamin Franklin

Quick Reply