If you had an infection last time around, sanitized the equipment in question with a 1:10 solution of unscented bleach and water (unscented bleach can be found in any grocery store; it's the absolute cheapest of the cheap bargain brand). Star San is generally effective, and I use it all the time, but if I ever did run into an infection I'd be cleaning everything with a bleach solution to be sure.
As the other gentleman said, no need to thrown anything away. Just make double and triple sure you've got it well-cleaned. Next time around, be very mindful of sanitation techniques. The nasties are everywhere.