Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First Brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
USMCBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default First Brew

Well, after some urging from my neighbor, and some very tasty samples of his home brew, I've delved into the world of home brew. I just opened a couple of bottles of my first batch. After 14 days in the primary and 12 days in the bottle, I'm quite happy with the results. I chose a Honey Wheat for my first brew, and I'm happy with the flavor and color. I think they need at least another week in the bottle, as I got little to zero head while pouring. I've already brewed my second batch, and am already changing things, and becoming much more comfortable with the process.

I can't say thanks enough to all y'all on the forums here. I have learned so much from reading, and can't wait to keep trying new things!

image-3948450900.jpg  

Primary: Irish Red Ale
Bottled: Blonde Ale, Honey Kolsche
On-Deck: not sure yet

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
brewinchef_fairfax
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Very good - congrats on the first batch. Another 9 days in the bottle might change things around a bit as far as the head on the beer. It might be under carbonated a but. I'm almost done with a batch of amber wheat and it was much better after the 21-day - 3 week mark in the bottle - and then refrigerated for at least 48.

Keep brewing.. It gets more fun every time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply