Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First Brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #31
PackerfaninSanDiego
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 6

First time brewer here too......it's been 8 days for my Amercan Blonde Ale to be in the fermenter,,,,looking to bottle next Sunday. Gonna have brew up another batch too.......thinkin about Hefewiezen.....I think I'm hooked

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #32
cpac2k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

@ packerfaninsandeaigo my instructions said two weeks in the primary I waited three. If there is one thing I learned from this forum it's patience patience patience. It also said two weeks in the bottles I'm waiting three.... Again patience patience patience.....

Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #33
cpac2k
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

@ utahnate I'll pm u sometime and we will work something out. Might be a couple weeks but you'll hear from me.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #34
cpac2k
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

O.K. so here it is...its been eight days in the bottle and i just had to try one..!! Tasted real good slight hop bitterness at the finish but pretty good head and carbonation. Im sure it will only get better from here!!

beer-002.jpg  
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #35
UtahNate
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Glad it turned out well for you. Just finished bottling my second brew, a Mild.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #36
cpac2k
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks Nate....

Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #37
mgortel
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 7

COngrats on your first homebrew!

I always wait at least (3) weeks min on allowing carbonation to take place in the bottles before refrigerating.

Do yourself a favor....this was recommended to me from someone on this site when I did my first brew:

After (2) weeks in the bottle....take (1) beer and put it in the refrigerator (mark the cap with a "2" for 2 weeks)....then after (3) weeks take another and put it in the refrigerator (mark the cap "3" for 3-weeks). Once you put in the refrigerator carbonation will stop....so what you end up with is (1) beer that has been allowed to carbonate for 2 weeks and (1) beer that carbonated for 3 weeks.

Now wait a couple days....and crack them open....pour each in a separate glass remembering which one was carbonating for 2 weeks and 3 weeks......taste and see the difference in carbonation for yourself.

I actually did this for a 1 week carb, 2 week, and 3 week.......

Now carb times required can vary depending on carb level required for type of beer...but I have found that 3 weeks seems to be fine for anything I have brewed as far as carbonation. SOme beers u will ant to bottle condition longer just for flavor reasons, etc.

It will show you the importance of allowing enough time for carbonation to take place.....shows you the importance of patience in this great hobby.

Cheers!

P.S. Dont forget to drink the rest of your experimental bottles.......even the "flat" one!

EVERYONE is entitled to my opinion!

Primary #1: Fat Tire Clone
Primary #2: Oatmeal Stout
Primary #3: Empty

Upcoming Brews:
English Pale Ale

Bottled:
Biermuncher Centennail Blonde

Quick Reply