Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First Brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
BOBrob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I leave mine for 3-4 weeks, mostly 4wks. It does not hurt the beer to leave it in a primary only bucket, but you will need another bucket for bottling in three weeks, so you may as well buy two more buckets. That way you have two fermenting and one for bottling. You still have six weeks of worry. Welcome to brewing and enjoy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #12
LKABrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

After 2 weeks, take a hydrometer sample. TASTE the sample after you get the reading. If you get the same hydrometer sample 3 days in a row, it is finished fermenting. If the sample tastes good, too, it is ready to bottle. If is tastes too fruity or yeasty, then leave it in there a while longer. It will get clearer as the yeast and proteins settle out.

Oh, and +1 on getting more buckets.

For homebrew supplies and equipment in Fredericksburg, VA go to thebrewshop.biz.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply