Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First Bottling Experience

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
whitmorr86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Bottling Experience

Lotta work! Fun to get it done though. Ended up with 46 bottles of brown ale total. Still had some at the bottom of the carboy when I racked to the bottling bucket but i didn't want it to be too mixed up with the trub.

Don't know how long it took but once I was done I cleaned and sanitized the carboy and decided to rack over my honey amber ale into the secondary. Leaves me with an empty primary

I go to Vegas next week so looking to take my first sample of the brown ale when i get back!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
BillyBroas
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Congrats on getting the first brew bottled. It is alot of work but there are ways to make it easier. Clean the bottles as you go, sanitize them the night before and cover, and get a bottle tree + vinator. Also try different methods and just find out what system works best for you.

Remember too that you beer may taste a little "green" even after 2 weeks in the bottle. I find it takes at least 3 weeks for the flavor to fully develop.

Have fun in Vegas and get that primary filled asap!

BillyBrew.com - Craft beer and homebrewing blog

Follow me on Twitter right here

Old 03-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
pksmitty
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A lot of people here think that bottling is a lot of work. Personally, I've never found that to be the case. I can bottle a batch in about an hour and a quarter, from pulling everything out, to everything cleaned and put away.

I got a lot of info from this thread. Try some of those tips and find what works for you!

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I didn't even have the decency to thank her! W.C. Fields

Quick Reply