Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First Batch is in the Fermenter!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 03:30 AM   #21
Sir Sudster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuallyBrew

I loved it... she.. um... no comment... ;-)
Yeah, I was outside in no time. My wife DID have some comments but they ask me to keep it clean on this forum so I can't really explain. Never heard it explained to me that way. Ah!, I don't think it smells like that! I like it ..ah ok ..ok ..alright already!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2005, 05:39 AM   #22
DuallyBrew
Recipes 

As soon as HELL decides to retreat back into the depths of earth instead of cooking the Central San Joaquin Valley I'll move it outside. :-)

On a brighter note, my first brew is bubbling away. Keeping it in the tub of water seems to be working great! - Thanks Brewhead!

The water is feeling pretty cool to the touch in the tub.

Heifeweizen - brewed 7/30/05 - bottled 8/13/05

Check out my Labels and Pics here...

Old 07-19-2005, 05:46 AM   #23
MaltyRod
Recipes 

I cooked mine outside on the glass porch table with a small gas camp burner, wasnt the swiftest but was equal to my neighbors inside gas stove (boils in 15-20 minutes) and i'm not even going to attempt it on my electric stove. I had my primary fermenter inside covered but the temperature started climbing above the high 70's and scared me so I moved it down to the basement where it at least maintains about 72-74. And as the basement is my domain and already smells like a root cellar a little bit of yeasty love scent won't bother anyone running down to grab a load of laundry.

Quick Reply