Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First batch is done.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Cauldron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First batch is done.

Ok. Brewed with a Red Hook ESB clone kit two weeks ago. Racked from Primary to secondary one week in. My primary is a bucket the secondary is a 6.5 gall glass carboy. Bottled one week later. It is now at just past three weeks with a little over a week in the bottle. Good head, cleared up great, flavor is on, not very dry but nice and hoppy. Unfortunately in the process I broke my hydrometer. So I have no idea what the final SG is. Taste good even room temp. I'll take pics of the next batch. Going to do a LIberty cream ale. This is a great hobby I can't wait to get up the nerve to do all grain.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
JRGSPE73

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldron
This is a great hobby I can't wait to get up the nerve to do all grain.
I couldn't agree more...I'm probably going to crack open the first bottle of my first brew tonight, and hopefully start in on brew #2 this weekend. AG brewing seems kind of intimidating, but I'm just fine with partial mash for now.

Congrats on what sounds like a very successful first batch! (minus the whole hydrometer thing).

"You sir, are drunk!"
"And you ma'am, are ugly, but when I wake up, I will be sober..."
-Sir Winston Churchill

Primary #1:
Air
Primary #2 (Plastic): Air
Secondary: Air
Bottled/Conditioning:

Bottled/Drinking: Nut Brown Ale (First Batch), Copperhead Amber Ale (Delicious!)
On The Horizon: Procrastination IPA, DunkelWeizen, Belgian Wit, Caramel Vanilla Creme Ale, Mocha Espresso Porter

Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Jester
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I hate it when that happens... I broke my hydrometer on my first brew... not fun.. hehehee....

Jester

Quick Reply