Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First batch of brew is a hit!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2024 Times on 1773 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

True that. To the untrained taste buds,green beer will have all sorts of "off flavors" that aren't really bad off flavors at all. I felt the same about the OS lager kit I got with my cooper's micro brew kit. But,giving it a couple days on the yeast cake,& three weeks on the bottle,it turned out fine. I remember getting some good advice here myself at that point. Good thing I learn fast...Helping is kinda fun.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #12
the_Sliver
Recipes 

Thanks for the reassurance

Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
zappadragon
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Sliver View Post
Question to the OP: I'm also making my first batch with Cooper's Lager kit and when I took a hydrometer reading I tried tasting the beer. It tasted... weird. Not undrinkable, and it tasted like beer, but something seemed off about it.

When I look for reviews on the internet I found a couple of people had encountered the same experience but after they bottled it for 2 weeks it came out fine. Did you try tasting the beer before bottling it?
I tasted it at all points. After making it and after taking the first hydrometer reading I sampled from that and it tasted good but kind of weird. Then I did the same thing for the final reading and again it tasted a little off. But after a few weeks in the bottle it tastes great. I already have the ingredients for my next batch of brew. This time I am not doing a Coopers kit and going for a Honey Porter. I will post about it as it goes as well.

Quick Reply