Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > First all-grain yee-haw!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #11
Dynachrome
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
Any recipes for left over wort? Like dog cookies?
You could search "Spent Grain", or start a new thread with the title Does anyone have a spent grain recipe for dog treats. Then watch the bottom of that page to see what related posts appear.

I think I have seen some.

I throw it on my lawn and spread it out thin. If I leave clumps, my hound likes to roll in the rotten meat smelling stuff and it does reek. Then she needs a bath.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #12
JoshJoshua
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For those that dont have a wort chiller such as myself I use my kitchen sink, cold water, 5# ice, and salt. Submerge the brew pot above the level of the wort and stir both the wort and the ice water. Brings temps down to about 80 in 15mins. Might not work for your situation when chilling since I split my brew 2.5gal/2.5gal since my stove cant handle 5gal batches.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #13
MTate37
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus
Any recipes for left over wort? Like dog cookies?
Dog Treats

2 cups wet spent grain
1 cup flour
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 egg

Mix it up. Make 12 2 inch balls. Put on cookie sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Flatten to about 3/4 inch thick. Cook for two hours at 350, then at 225 for 8 hours or until completely dry. My dogs go nuts for these.

I've also found good bread recipes here. If I weren't on my phone I would give links. I posted a recipe for a cranberry walnut bread yesterday that came out pretty great.

Can't wait to move from one gallon all grain to five gallons so I have more grains to cook with.

Untappd: mtate37 - Untappd Wishlist

Quick Reply