I did 5 gallons for the mash, then used the extra 2.25 gallons to sparge. That left me with my 6.25 (ish) gallons to boil.
I did end up with a bit more volume than expected, though. I'm sitting around 5.5 gallons in the fermenter. I probably should bump my volumes down by 0.25 - 0.5 gallons.
My sparge water was around 170. I didn't dunk sparge very long, though. It was less than 1 min. I think that was a mistake. I think I'll use the full volume next time and just squeeze the bag after mash out.
I also stirred up the grains pretty well initially. I made sure there was no doughballs.
My thermometer is also the floating kind, so it sat pretty low in the pot. The heat on the bottom may be an issue. I'll remove it from heat next time and wrap a blanket around it.
I didn't check for conversion, either. I didn't have any iodine (I'm not sure if io-star has enough iodine in it to work).