First AG is super duper good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtbrewcrafter

Reaction score
Just trying my first all grain brew. An ESB I borrowed from Brewsmith. Turned out spectacular. Way better than I thought I'd do for my first crack at it. I'd like to take a moment and thank all here for the comments and help I rec'd directly and indirectly from all the posts. Thanks a million.

image-700068323.jpg

Thanks. But they were all pop tops. I dont drink beer that comes in screw top bottles if I can help it. Lol.

+1 to what pawn said. I zoomed in and it is indeed a screw on top.
Definitely want to be careful if you decide to cap those. (Not a good idea)

CONGRATS on the brew though!!!
Welcome to the "Can't believe I made this" club.

Just trying my first all grain brew. An ESB I borrowed from Brewsmith. Turned out spectacular. Way better than I thought I'd do for my first crack at it. I'd like to take a moment and thank all here for the comments and help I rec'd directly and indirectly from all the posts. Thanks a million.

Exactly my experience with my first all grain brew. While there are some descent extract kits, all grain is such an improvement in taste and body.

I've been brewing all grain since about October of last year. I've probably brewed 150 gallons since then.... all grain. I was actually surprised how simple the transition was for me. It was like I'd been brewing that way all along.

Durn. Ur right. I stand corrected. Have no idea where that one came from. Yeah. I did cap it and it turned out good. Gonna go pitch that one out now. Thanks for noticing and letting me know. Gonna work on a new batch this weekend. Thinking about a Chocolate Stout.

Back