The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Finding 10g coolers in the middle of winter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
SilverZero
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by akimbo78 View Post
When I checked that link, in the related items section below the product info, one of the top results is a 3/8" ball valve. Think we're generating a lot of hits?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
akimbo78
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero View Post
When I checked that link, in the related items section below the product info, one of the top results is a 3/8" ball valve. Think we're generating a lot of hits?
i saw that too, and was trying to think of any other reason why someone would be looking at a ball valve and a cooler of that size. i couldn't come up with any other reason.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
CPFITNESS
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just bought my cooler at home depot last week. I used their website and checked which store had them in stock. You could also try asking around to family members to see if they have a cooler you could borrow or have and offer to buy them a new one when the warm weather gets here. As for your pot, I have an 8 gallon aluminum pot that so far I love. Aluminum is really easy to drill through to mount the spigot. I used a 7/8" spade bit and first used the tip of it and a hammer to punch an indentation and then went to drilling. it cut like butter. Putting the spigot on the cooler was even easier because you just remove the existing drain, just don't screw the ball valve on too tight. LAstly, I cut a hole in the top of my cooler and put a sprinkler head designed for a faucet in there so i have an "auto sparge" haven't used it yet but it looks like it's gonna work great. I have the kettle screen in the bottom.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Mari...ooler/16437964

free site-to-store. Unbeatable deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
husker
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had to call around to the HD in town and one had them about a month ago. I have to think that now is about the time that they would be getting in their spring stuff so it shouldn't be long, but im no expert!

I think I have the same burner set up. Mine came from bass pro around christmas. I do 5 gallon batches and havent had too many problems. I do get a boil over from time to time but some fermcap-S keeps the foam down nicely. One day i will get a bigger pot and not have to worry but when i do the pot and burner will make a great HLT.

One thing about the burner, if it is the same on i have, is it has a 20 min timer. So you have to remember to turn the timer dial a few times durring to boil but it really is not a problem. I have even seen guys bypass the timer. Overall it is a great burner to make the jump to AG!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Hey, fellow Lincolnite and homebrewer! Nice to make youre acquaintence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
husker
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
Hey, fellow Lincolnite and homebrewer! Nice to make youre acquaintence!
Hello! good to see another Nebraskan!

Quick Reply