Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Finally gearing up for Stone XI recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Jughead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Finally gearing up for Stone XI recipe

Today is the day! I've been planning this for months, working on simpler recipes the past few weeks. I think I have the huevos to do the big boy. Partial mash w/ 7lbs of grain. My last partial mash I got 72% effic. I am stoked! I'll post the recipe I'm using later, gotta get to brewing. My pacman yeast starter is chomping at the bit to get ahold of this stuff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Jughead
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Hit my strike temp right on, bout done w/ mash, time to boil!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 313 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 21

pacman is not going to give this the same character as the original, you need to use WLP007

Old 04-10-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
Jughead
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input. I understand how a difference in yeast affects final product. I should have said it is not an exact clone recipe, more of a guideline if you will. I like Pacman, I culture Pacman, so I used it. I think the high attenuation level will benefit this beer. I'll do this recipe next time (if it works out) w/ a different yeast, probably the one you suggest, to note differences in profile. Stick w/ what you're comfortable w/ and expand from there. Thanks for the comment. Oh by the way, everything went great, hit my target #'s I figured bout 80% effic w/ BIAB partial mash. No BS. YeeHaa! have a great evening all.

Quick Reply