Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Finally back to brewing and drinking

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default Finally back to brewing and drinking

Well I just wanted to say hi again after about a year hiatus. Last year about this time I was medically retired from the USAF and had to stop brewing and drinking simply because as a family of 5 living on strictly a VA payment did not allow for the extras like brewing or drinking. We gave up everything that was not essential to keeping the family together while we were getting our lives straight. Well it seems like everything is starting to work out. I was able to sell my truck get an old commuter car 1993 type and a old Yamaha Venture 1983 type I am in School at Devry for Network Admin. The VA finally started to pay me correctly and I am now being paid to go to school so we are back to making a living as apposed to just living. My wife decided I needed to start my projects up, so I have brewed a smoked porter kit and a lager kit that I received for Christmas. I have also torn my bike down and have done an overhaul on it. The motor is real strong but the bike was not real good looking. Give it another month and it will be a real good looking copper with metallic flake. I have been sanding and filling the fairings for about 3 weeks and now I have to wait to buy the color until about the 1st at least I have a cornie of smoked porter to enjoy while I wait.

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Diaperload
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Welcome back.

"I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out."

Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
el_caro
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Welcome back and glad to hear things are starting to fall into place.
Listen to your wife she knows what is the best . Working on a bike and brewing beer sounds like a great way to keep the world in perspective.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
jmprdood
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

Glad it's working out for you - I'm arguing with the VA as we speak - what a beauracracy!! Oh well, bottling up 6 gallons of brown ale this afternoon, I'll RDWHAHB or several while I'm at it!

Cheers!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2117 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

Welcome back! You'll be happy with a few luxuries like homebrew and a nice bike. Nothing like a craft hobby to make you feel good!

Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

The VA can be such a headache to deal with. It took them 7 months to tell me I had a wife and 3 kids after I sent them all the paperwork. If they would not try to low-ball the Vets in the first place they would not have so much to do in the long run, oh and the vets they deal with would not be so disgruntled. But on to more fun topics I was able to enjoy an few glasses of my porter last night and it was great to drink the fruits of my labor...

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
Bithead
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Always good when life moves in a positive direction. Post pics of the bike when done!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
rodwha
Recipes 

Liked 111 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Old 01-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #9
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I will be posting picks. My plan is to have it really nice but if it is a 50/50 paint job I will settle for now. and by 50/50 I mean it looks good at 50 feet and at 50 mph. this is the first time I have used a paint gun in about 20 years.

― G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
RCBIV
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Beer + Yamaha sounds like my life in a nutshell.

Great to hear you're doing well. Always nice to hear about people getting back on their feet.

Quick Reply