Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Filtered water or tap?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
Mr Nick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbriscoe
I thought it was pretty funny.
I guess it is... for those who enjoy humor at the expense of others. That is what I did not appreciate about the response.

I am not offended by it...Just did not appreciate it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #12
Kevin Dean

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My LHBS recommends the stick thermometer for the same reasons mentioned here, accuracy and durability.

To the original question, tap vs filtered/bottled et cetera...

For extract brewing the general rule is if it's safe to drink it's safe to brew with.

All Grain brewing can get a BIT more complex, and brewing any kind of "clone" because water can affect flavour.

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #13
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nick
I guess it is... for those who enjoy humor at the expense of others. That is what I did not appreciate about the response.

I am not offended by it...Just did not appreciate it.
Please don't feel singled out or picked on personally, Nick. That kind of stuff flies around here all the time. It isn't directed at anyone in particular (I'll leave Cheese and Orpheus out as exceptions). The forum is pretty relaxed and laid back, and most people are comfortable with that. But you might be new(-ish) to the 'gang', so perhaps this sort of 'humour' isn't familiar -- that's understandable.

Hey, where in western Canada are you from? Just noticed that you are a fellow Canuck!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #14
Mr Nick
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy
Please don't feel singled out or picked on personally, Nick. That kind of stuff flies around here all the time. It isn't directed at anyone in particular (I'll leave Cheese and Orpheus out as exceptions). The forum is pretty relaxed and laid back, and most people are comfortable with that. But you might be new(-ish) to the 'gang', so perhaps this sort of 'humour' isn't familiar -- that's understandable.

Hey, where in western Canada are you from? Just noticed that you are a fellow Canuck!
I appreciate your involvement in this thread FlyGuy. I have skin that is thicker than most, (No need for any flame suits for this dude).

I have slung that kind of humor with the best. Problem is...that each time I have got involved in it. Someone somewhere gets hurt, and it turns sour. Each time that happened I promised myself I would never go there again. I gave in many times until finally I decided enough is enough.

Yes I am new here, and may find another way to respond after hanging around awhile longer. But until and if that happens I will remain sensitive to participating in any of it.

I am living in the country, east of Mission City (which is one of the cities) in the lower mainland, otherwise known as Vancouver...by those who are unfamiliar with the South Coast of British Columbia.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:13 AM   #15
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 204 Times on 113 Posts

I believe this is why you received the response you did:

http://www.aquariumguys.com/floating.html

Most aquarium floating thermometers do not have a high enough range to be useful in brewing.

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 09-12-2007, 01:31 AM   #16
Mr Nick
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBrewer
I believe this is why you received the response you did:

http://www.aquariumguys.com/floating.html

Most aquarium floating thermometers do not have a high enough range to be useful in brewing.
Thanks.....I knew that.

Quick Reply