Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Filter into secondary?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
jimf15e
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Filter into secondary?

Greetings all! I've been lurking for a while but based on a lot of advice from this forum I was very successful with my first beer. My wife bought me a NB kit for Christmas, and I must say my first batch, a NB Brown Ale was pretty good. Right now I have a batch of NB American Amber about ready to go into a secondary. However, for some reason I forgot to strain the hops before putting it in the primary. I'd like to strain those out, but know I shouldn't oxygenate it at all. If I use a siphon to put it in my secondary carboy, can I wrap the end of the siphon intake hose with a cheesecloth to act as a filter? Or is there a better method? Thanks a lot!

Last edited by jimf15e; 02-10-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
jester5120
The Vanilla Gorilla
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

yep. they actually make metal screen for that exact reason. I've never used one. it isn't often that i ever get hops in there but a few hops in my beer doesn't bother me. it just reminds me how awesome and real my beer is.

Kegged Hip Hop IPA, Chocolate Cream Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply