New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > A few questions for someone new to brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
KevinW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have noticed my beers are usually 5% or more ABV(as opposed to the 3.2%) and when drinking them "green" the alcohol bite is quite strong but it does mellow quickly.
As far as beer "farts", I usually smell those the morning AFTER I drink!

“I don't drink beer all the time but I can drink (a) beer anytime" - Me

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
jayavery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

what you're smelling could be DMS , from not boiling long enough or infection from unsanitary conditions. if it smells like apples it simply means the beer is too young. its always alcoholic in the beginning, time in the bottle will reduce that. here's a video and u can check out my site on the brewing process videos so you can see first hand.. but this one is about bottling,it may be useful for you:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply