Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Fermenting in PET bottle?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
iddqd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fermenting in PET bottle?

Okay, so I've got this large (1.38 gallons) PET soda bottle. Since homebrewing is an expensive hobby for a college student, I was just wondering if it would be possible to use this bottle for mini batches, trying out different dry hopping alternatives etc. What do you think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Yes.

This actually has been one of the most discussed topics on here, if you want more info, search for waterbottle, or PET bottle, and you'll see the discussions.

But basically the answer is yes.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
iddqd
Recipes 

Thanks! Sorry for not using the search function, I usually do but I forgot this time.

Quick Reply