Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Fermentation question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
gonzotext
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fermentation question

So I tried a recipe I found for a beer called Mild-Mannered. It says to ferment for 7-10 days before bottling. I used British Ale Wyeast (ACT1098). Now I've made quite a few batches of beer but this is the first batch that is still pushing air out after the amount of time alotted for fermentation. It has been 10 days and I'm still getting air pushed out of the airlock about once an hour.

I'm leaving town for the next 5 days and I'm not sure what to do, I figured the beer would be ready before I left but now I'm not sure. Should I just leave the beer until next week?

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I can post the recipe if that helps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
frazier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 7

There is no "time alotted." You don't alot time to the yeast - you give the yeast all the time it needs and wants. Right now, your yeast is telling you that it needs more time. You must give it that time.

Leaving town for 5 days? Great - check it out whien you get back. But you should probably give it more time even then.

~
"Anything worth doing, is worth doing slowly." ~~ Mae West

Old 03-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
gonzotext
Recipes 

Thanks for the quick answer. This is the first time I've ever had a beer ferment for over a week, most of the time it's finished with in a few days so I figured I'd ask all the experts around here for some help.

Quick Reply