Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Fermentation Opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #1
PatMac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fermentation Opinions

I just got done brewing the Happy Holiday Ale recipe from Midwest. It's recommended to brew it 4-6 months before serving, but I'm not sure where the beer should be after the primary fermentation. I called Midwest and the guy I talked to said it could sit in a secondary for the remaining months or be in bottles for the remaining months.

Does anyone recommend one over the other? Should I let it ferment for 3 weeks and then bottle it, or move it to a secondary after 3 weeks and let it sit for a few months?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
beretta
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'd go 2 weeks in the primary. Month and a half in bottles, and the balance of the time in the secondary (not in that order of course!)... I might suggest at least a week in the fridge before serving too.....

my $.02....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply