I am new to homebrewing, I just started to brew my first batch.
Some details about it: I used malt extract to brew an Amber Ale. I was thinking on using only one step of fermentation. I am using Muntons Ale Yeast. The storing temperature was a little bit high, between 70F and 72F.
I started fermenting on Saturday and I had a lot of activity in the airlock for the first 24 hours, but then it stopped.
After reading many threads here I learned that not seeing bubbles is not a problem but that I should take a hydrometer read.
My OG was a little bit high, it was around 1.08. I waited 4 days and today I took a read and it is at 1.01
Does this mean that fermentation has stopped? If it did, is there any problem with my beer?
I have tasted it and it tastes fine (not great but not bad at all), it is a little flat but I think that is OK given that I have not added priming sugar yet (I have not botlted it yet).
My question is: if the fermentation has stopped, should I just go and bottle the beer already? or should I wait so that it completes 1 week, or maybe 2? What are the risks of bottling it right now or waiting?
Thank you all for your help.
Take care and cheers!