Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > False bottom I made.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
aaronacj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default False bottom I made.

I haven't had a chance to try it out, but i will with my next batch. It's pretty simple and i am sure some one else has something similar.

I bought a 4ft strip of aluminum and bent it to fit snug inside my kettle, bent the end to they pop together and press on the sides snug enough to not move.

I used paint strainer since it seems to be something several people use, if there is anything better please let me know.

I put the hoop inside the paint strainer and folded it over so it doubles up the net.

It's pretty much adjustable so i can place it anywhere in the pot i want and it holds very tight.

Added this picture showing it holding some weight

Ill let ya'll know how it works out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
rdann87
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice.. I like that idea. Looks like it will be easy to remove and adjust if necessary.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
aaronacj
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Ya, i'm about to brew a batch just to try it out... waiting on the kids to get out of school then i'm off to the local brew store.

Quick Reply