Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Everyones favorite game: "What is that? (floating in my wort)"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Nonyaz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Everyones favorite game: "What is that? (floating in my wort)"

I hate to be the stereotypical noob who watches the primary do its magic, but this bucket was producing some interesting smells that could very well be normal, but gave me an excuse to pop off the lid and take a peek, and this is what I saw:

They aren't fuzzy, so thats sort of reassuring.. Is this just yeast clumping together?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
wormraper
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 8

looks like Yeast rafts. perfectly normal.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Nonyaz
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Figured as much, at least I got a hydrometer reading while the lid was off, I have no regrets

Quick Reply