Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Enjoyed our first homebrew on Saturday.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
JoeDaddio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Enjoyed our first homebrew on Saturday.

And it was much better than we anticipated.

It was a bit sweet for a Hefe, but its still sitting at room temp in the bottles so it ought to get a bit better with time. Head retention wasn't fantastic either, but maybe time will fix that as well.

The LHBS owner said we're doing something right, and he enjoyed it.

better than that though, my brewing buddy and I enjoyed it. And we finally got to taste the fruits of our labor. It was a good day.

We also moved out saison to a secondary on Saturday:

And brewed a DIPA:

We were able to get a fridge and a temperature control unit to keep things at a proper temperature.

All in all it was a very good weekend, and it only gets better from here

joe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Sweet - looks like you are well on your way! Congratulations.

Kegged: Fat Man Porter w/ 1469, Fat Man Porter w/ 005, Centennial Falcon w/ Conan, Centennial Falcon w/ Denny's, Barrel-aged Fat Man Porter, Belgian Dark Strong, Dark Mild

Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Thehopguy
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I wish I had a brew buddy

On Deck: Double IPA, GTBT V3
Primary: GTBT APA
Bottled: GTBT V2, GTBT V1, Black IPA, Centennial IPA, Pumpkin Ale, Badboy IPA, Simarillo APA

Old 07-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
BeckyK
Recipes 

Awesome! I love enjoying my homebrew with friends and family. Cheers!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
ozzy1038
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Congrats! It's a rewarding feeling to partake a libation that you have made. How long has it been in the bottle? The residual yeast should eat that sugar up a bit and carb it up some more I would think. I bottled a wheat last week that was a tad sweet at bottling, but now has lost that, and was nice and carbed by Saturday. I have a sixer in the fridge now conditioning.

I really need a fridge to bulk condition all my beer. I have about 70 bottles right now looking for a cold place to call home!

Primary: Hopped Up Brown

Bottled: Litehaus Wheat, Orange APA, Rauchbier, Willy's Cream Stout

Kegged: Tank 7 Clone renamed "Le Ferme" (dryhopped cascade, sorachi), Caramel Amber Ale, Trout Bum APA, 3 Dogs APA

Gallons Brewed Since June: 53.5

Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
PIGMAN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy1038 View Post
Congrats! It's a rewarding feeling to partake a libation that you have made. How long has it been in the bottle? The residual yeast should eat that sugar up a bit and carb it up some more I would think. I bottled a wheat last week that was a tad sweet at bottling, but now has lost that, and was nice and carbed by Saturday. I have a sixer in the fridge now conditioning.

I really need a fridge to bulk condition all my beer. I have about 70 bottles right now looking for a cold place to call home!
I have the same problem, 4 batches at room temp, with 1 1/2 fridges completely filled already. I need to have a major beer drinking party. These days, room temp is too damn hot.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
JoeDaddio
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy1038 View Post

It's been in the bottle for just over two weeks now, and sat in primary for two weeks before that (all at room temp).

Each beer we've made since has had an increasing OG (Saison at 1.060 and DIPA at 1.080), so we'll have to make a lower gravity beer here in the next week or so to make sure we have the patience to let these guys sit a proper amount of time

joe

Old 07-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
VillageBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Congrats!!! The affliction has begun. Time to start brewing for fall and the holidays. I am getting ready to do a Pumpkin Ale and some Apfelwein.

Quick Reply