Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Edme Extra Stout-to carb or not to carb?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
dfox
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Edme Extra Stout-to carb or not to carb?

First time brewer, using the Edme Extra stout kit (mmmm.. stout). First, I forgot to take an OG, after two weeks gravity is at 1.015. Any ideas if this is about right (label with recommended FG dissolved when I was warming the can)? I'll check FG again in a few days just to be sure. Mostly I'm wondering if folks would recommend adding some priming sugar for carbonating or just bottling as is? My preference is for a smoother stout, but I don't want it to be flat either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4451 Times on 3240 Posts
Likes Given: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
First time brewer, using the Edme Extra stout kit (mmmm.. stout). First, I forgot to take an OG, after two weeks gravity is at 1.015. Any ideas if this is about right (label with recommended FG dissolved when I was warming the can)? I'll check FG again in a few days just to be sure. Mostly I'm wondering if folks would recommend adding some priming sugar for carbonating or just bottling as is? My preference is for a smoother stout, but I don't want it to be flat either.
If you don't want it flat, then you'll have to add priming sugar. If you want to carb "to style", and have the stout less carbonated, there are priming sugar calculators that can help give you the perfect amount of carbonation. http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html

Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
Brewin06111
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

You are on the right track... Wait a day or so and take another reading.. if it's the same it's time to bottle...I'm not a stout person so I cannot answer that second question.. sorry

Quick Reply