HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Easy flavoring of beer mix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
Lusch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Easy flavoring of beer mix

Hi there I was wondering if there is any way to flavor your home brew and still be using just say a munsons/coopers blonde. I tried a rasberry and blueberry from a microbrewery in Montreal last week and loved it
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
Kephren
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusch
Hi there I was wondering if there is any way to flavor your home brew and still be using just say a munsons/coopers blonde. I tried a rasberry and blueberry from a microbrewery in Montreal last week and loved it
Thanks
You can add fruit or fruit extracts to your fermenter. No harm in experimenting . I would do my boil and with about 15 minutes left, add a pound of honey. Chill the wort and dump it onto maybe 5lbs of raspberries. Actually, I would prefer to use the raspberries in a secondary, but if this is your first brew, you are most likely going straight from primary to bottling. Welcome to the forum!

Disclaimer: this recipe alteration is just off the top of my head; you may want to research recipes further

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply