Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Easy Brew Recipe for yeast cake

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
flying_dutchmen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Easy Brew Recipe for yeast cake

Ok guys...I have lurked on this forum for awhile now. Great info and I have learned a ton. I have brewed about 5 batches, some good, some so-so but I am learning and having fun.

My question is this. I hate throwing out yeast cakes. I don't want to go to the trouble of washing, etc. but I also don't want to throw my precious new kit on a cake of wrong yeast (I use the yeast in the kit as instructed for best flavor).

I have 2 brew buckets. Is there a very simple recipe using DME or LME that I could keep on hand to throw on that yeast cake to make a quick turn-around brew? I am thinking of keeping some DME or canned LME plus some basic hops on hand for just such an occasion. Cheap would be good as well.

Give a bro a hand!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Welcome to HBT!
You could make a similar beer or make a darker/bigger beer on the yeast cake. What did the existing yeast cake ferment?

Cheers,
Rich

Old 08-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
flying_dutchmen
Recipes 

this particular cake was a European Ale but I am looking for sort of a "generic" recipe that would work on most cakes.

I am not real particular...just something to drink. I will use kits to get my "special" beers brewed.

Quick Reply