New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Dry yeast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
wadner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Dry yeast

The last few brews I've done I've mixed either Safale 04 or 05 with Coopers brewers yeast (an amber, an outmeal stout, and a black IPA). I've had great results. Today I brewed a porter and threw some Windsor and Safale 05 on top. Am I really using two yeasts, or do you think one just takes over from the beginning?

I'm scared to stop using two yeasts as my results have been outstanding.

What do you all think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
TipsyDragon
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

don't be afraid. most of us use only one yeast with equally good results. chances are both your yeast and doing their job and melding their results as best they can.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 222 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 35

One yeast will work just fine, but, do whatever you want if it's working for you.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Quick Reply